How long to get a Turbine blade measured accurately?
People don’t believe us when we say the instrument is fast. So here’s a quick forty-one second video showing how long it takes to measure (precisely) a nick on the edge of a turbine blade.
Keep your eyes glued to the screen:
Here’s the breakdown:
- Locate the dent on the part
- Set the 4D InSpec’s edge-holding accessory on the blade, with the imaging aperture at focal distance
- Click the button on the instrument (or on the screen, if you have a free hand)
- Wait a second for the 3D plot to be calculated
- Draw a profile trace along the blade edge, starting to each side of the nick
- In the profile plot, use the green sub-selectors to drag an area of interest window.
- Read the peak to valley from the screen, reported instantly
Want to know how to set up your software to make this kind of measurement easy? Contact our applications engineers using the “Get in Touch” form, below.
Schedule a Demonstration
Let us know if you’d like a demonstration of 4D InSpec.
Use the form below